Monday, December 6, 2010

Giving Thanks

I've always loved Thanksgiving, but this year in particular felt really special. 

When canned cranberry sauce is hard to come by, half of your co-workers have never tasted turkey breast, and you are in an extremely impoverished country over 7,000 miles from home, friends, and family living with six wonderful "strangers"...You start to realize what Thanksgiving is all about.

To my family, friends, co-workers, and housemates (you guys especially!) I hope you know how thankful I am for your love and constant support. I love you all.

A large part of me wished that I could be in Connecticut with my family, but I was lucky enough to have a very good replacement for the evening. 30 guests, 3 turkeys, 5 pies, all the classic dishes, and 6 unbelievable housemates kept me from feeling too homesick and led to a very fulFILLING evening. (See picture below of Jamison and me comparing stomach sizes)

Guests: Elise + five friends, Ryan and Rob + 3, Leah +2 , interns Kristin (Kimberley), Lizzy (Port Elizabeth) and Wes (Malawi), Hannah Burnett, Tay and Corey, and South African staff (Abigail, husband, and Janks).... FULL HOUSE!

This picture doesn't even include the second turkey table!
Visitors! From left to right- Kristin Anthony (Intern in Kimberley), Margaret, Sara, Hannah Burnett (Princeton in Africa fellow who works for Mothers2Mothers)









"Oh you're a lucky guy to be so alive in the world" -Ace Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment